Our Family

Our Family

Contact

For Contact information about the administration of this blog please email jmkbuett@gmail.com
Copyright Jordan Street and Jenna Buettemeyer 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

I lift my eyes up...(Coincidence??? I think not)

I'm not sure how to begin this post and for it to make sense to anyone else, but I am trying to keep this blog going for myself so I can look back and see how God carried me through the storm.

On February 3rd I woke up in the hospital and opened my bible to Psalm 121 and God gave me comfort through His word. Later that day I was discharged after the diagnosis of cancer was confirmed and went home and couldn't sleep that night. Saturday morning I was still struggling with the unknown of what was ahead of me and my family. While I was in my bedroom, Jordan and Tony turned up a song called "Always" by Kristian Stanfill that is based off of Psalm 121. God's word and that song were the beginning of my comfort and hope in the Lord. I have been to the Passion conference and sang along with that song live, but now these lyrics have a whole new meaning to me.

Tonight at our youth group service we had a group from Liberty University in Virginia come and lead us in praise and worship. It was an amazing night to hear these young ladies share their struggles and how God has been faithful to see them through. One of the young ladies, Ashley (music intern from the summer at our church) shared of things she had gone through very recently and how she truly had to get down on her face before the Lord and seek Him. She shared from God's word some scriptures that helped her get through that time in her life and guess what she shared? Psalm 121, then immediately they sang a song, guess what song? "Always"

I told her afterwards how that chapter in God's word ministered to me but also how that song brought me so much comfort as well. She told me that she wasn't even suppose to share tonight and that song was put in at the last minute. If you don't believe that God orchestrates things in your life and that things happen by coincidence, I will tell you He is a very personal God and wants you to know He is with you through everything in your life and wants to give you Hope in Him.

Psalm 121
"I lift up my eyes to the hills-where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.
He will not let your foot slip-he who watches over you will not slumber;
indeed, he who watches over Israel (Janet) will neither slumber nor sleep.
The Lord watches over you-the Lord is your shade at your right hand;
the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night.
The Lord will keep you from all harm-he will watch over your life;
the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.
"


"Always" Lyrics

My foes are many, they rise against me
But I will hold my ground
I will not fear the war, I will not fear the storm
My help is on the way, my help is on the way

Oh, my God, He will not delay
My refuge and strength always
I will not fear, His promise is true
My God will come through always, always

Troubles surround me, chaos abounding
My soul will rest in You
I will not fear the war, I will not fear the storm
My help is on the way, my help is on the way

Oh, my God, He will not delay
My refuge and strength always
I will not fear, His promise is true
My God will come through always, always

I lift my eyes up, my help comes from the Lord
I lift my eyes up, my help comes from the Lord
I lift my eyes up, my help comes from the Lord
I lift my eyes up, my help comes from the Lord
From You Lord, from You Lord

Oh, my God, He will not delay
My refuge and strength always
I will not fear, His promise is true
My God will come through always, always

Oh, my God, He will not delay
My refuge and strength always, always

Copy and paste this link in your browser to hear the song live. I pray it will minister to you too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yb4VvNq8WEM

"Today is the day the Lord has made, I did rejoice and was glad in it."

No comments:

Post a Comment