Our Family

Our Family

Contact

For Contact information about the administration of this blog please email jmkbuett@gmail.com
Copyright Jordan Street and Jenna Buettemeyer 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, March 29, 2012

A Normal Day After Chemo

Thankful to say today was an ordinary day. I never know what the day after chemo is going to feel like, but it felt as normal as normal can be. The only side effect I had most of the day was my neck and face were flushed but thankful not to have any tingling or numbness. I'm sure people looked at me and thought I looked like I was embarrassed but you never know what chemo will do to your body. How blessed I am for very minimum side effects and especially with no sickness. I was able to go to work and be there all day, then come home to spend time with Hudson, Jenna and Jordan while Tony and Bryan moved Grandma's stuff into storage with the help of a dear friend, Richard Knipple. Hudson loves to sit in my lap and watch videos of himself. It is funny how long he can sit and watch so many different ones I have on my phone. If he laughs in the video, he laughs in person, but if he cries in the video, he falls apart and cries in person. I forgot about the video when we went to Gentry Safari and the Zebra puts his head in the car window and Jenna screams. Hudson was watching that video and when Jenna screamed, he jumped and fell apart and wouldn't stop crying. Jordan had to take him outside to get him to calm down. He is exactly like Bryan was when he was little. Such a sweet little guy and he brings so much joy into our lives.

I pray I will never take a day for granted that the Lord has blessed me with and see His goodness in whatever the day brings forth. I was able to see, walk, talk, touch, hear, eat, etc. and all the blessings that come from the Lord and I am thankful to know they are all gifts from Him. "Today is the day the Lord has made and I am thankful to say, I have rejoiced and I am glad in it."

No comments:

Post a Comment