Our Family

Our Family

Contact

For Contact information about the administration of this blog please email jmkbuett@gmail.com
Copyright Jordan Street and Jenna Buettemeyer 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Fasting with Faith

Today was a little questionable about having chemo. Went in for blood work at 8:00am and finally got word at 9:00 that my counts had risen to 1200. Dr Ivy wanted them to be at 1500 but felt I would be okay to have it at 1200. He was in the chemo room when we arrived. We discussed the plan of action for the coming days. He said he wanted to wait 5 weeks before doing the surgery. Since the white blood cell count has been down the last 2 times before chemo he felt like my body needed more time to recover. This will help shorten the recovery time. We asked about having a CT scan before surgery but he also feels there is not a need until after all of my treatments. With that being said, I will have 3 more rounds of chemo after surgery. My first reaction inside of me was "oh no I was hoping it would end sooner." I'm trusting in God for a complete healing and know He's ultimately in control and he is using Dr Ivy to treat me. There is no doubt I'm in the right place for treatment and would rather endure it all now than to prolong it down the road. It makes me sad to think I might be missing our summer youth trips. While I was working on typing all this info, the doctors assistant gave me paper work that my surgery will be April 30th. This will probably be the last time I have chemo with this group of ladies. They are at the end of their journeys. I will keep each one in my prayers. Regina's husband was with her today and they received word that his mom passed away last night. We all are either coming out of a storm, going through a storm or about to go into a storm. Not sure how people make it through this life without knowing the One who saves us and carries us thru these storms.

I finished chemo 2 hours after all the other ladies, but that was okay with me because I was able to hang out with the 2 nurses and enjoyed visiting with both of them. I had Tony drop me off at Studio 412 so I could attend the youth services tonight. After sitting in a recliner for over 6 hours it felt good to be out and seeing people. Hutch finished up a series the youth have been doing for the past 8 weeks. He reminded those that were fasting for me that there is only 1 week left. How blessed I am that so many are on this journey with me and praying so much for my healing. This round #3 of chemo by far had me walking away feeling really good and not worn out. Could it be God is hearing prayers? Matthew 21:22 "And whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith." Thank you to all of you that have given something up these past 30 days to draw closer to the Lord and pray for my healing. It's working!!!!! To God be the Glory, great things He is doing!

"Today is the day the Lord has made I will rejoice and be glad in it."

No comments:

Post a Comment