Our Family

Our Family

Contact

For Contact information about the administration of this blog please email jmkbuett@gmail.com
Copyright Jordan Street and Jenna Buettemeyer 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Friendships

After 3 rounds of chemo, this by far has been the least with side effects. I have had a little tingling in my feet and hands, but nothing compared to last time. I could see where it would be so easy to give into side effects or just not feeling the greatest and have a pity party. Tony finished cleaning up his mom's apartment and I wasn't much help to him. We went to our favorite place "Black Hawk Grill" in Pea Ridge for lunch. I wasn't up to par today and came home and decided to take a nap. It would have been easy just to stay in bed for the rest of the day. Our friend, Richard Knipple, retired from Kraft after 30 years and they had a party at his house to celebrate his retirement. I didn't want to miss out because he is the man that shaved my head and I knew it would be good to be around friends and to honor him. I am so thankful that I went. As the night went on, I began to feel better each moment. Being around others really lifts my spirits and makes me realize we are not alone in this journey. I am so thankful for all the friendships the Lord has blessed us with. Fellowship with others and taking your mind off yourself is great medicine!

Back row: Susan Byrum, Lyn Helsley, Julie Asbill, Susan Goss, Lisa Frank, me,
Front row: Cindy Knipple, Cathy Faber, Shonda Painter, Richard & Kathryn Knipple

Ephesians 3:14-19 "For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named, that according to the riches of his glory he may grant you to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith-that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God."

Thank you to my friends for the common bond we share in Him and the strength I draw from your prayers and friendship, even for those friends that are far away, I am still so grateful for the friendships that I have with each of you.

"Today is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it."

1 comment: