Our Family

Our Family

Contact

For Contact information about the administration of this blog please email jmkbuett@gmail.com
Copyright Jordan Street and Jenna Buettemeyer 2014. Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Hats vs Hair

I can say I am thankful for a bald head today. There are a lot of reasons to be thankful for no hair and I want to list a few. 1. When it rains, you don't have to worry about your hair getting messed up. 2. Trying on clothes, you don't have to worry about your hair getting messed up. 3. Never have to worry about the wind messing up your hair, just worry about the hat blowing off. 4. There are some really great hats in stores now that go on a bald head really well.

Jordan and I went out shopping for Easter dresses. It's been several years since I bought a new dress. We put on our rain boots, hats and rain jackets and headed to our Promenade Mall (you have to be outside to get from store to store). It has been raining here for several days and there weren't a lot of people out today so we felt we had the stores to ourselves. We both had success and we both bought new hats.

There were several people that commented on my hat Sunday at church and said they love hats but feel weird wearing one to church. I am being selfish and asking the ladies, since the men shaved their heads for me, that the girls and ladies can wear hats in my honor for Easter. It would be great to go to church and see other ladies wear hats besides me. Jordan found a really cute hat today to wear. I have so many hats and really don't need more, but found another cute one. I'm telling you this bald thing could become a new trend for me. I am enjoying the new style.

I've seen several comments on Facebook about people upset about the weather. Seems like more complaints about the weather than anything else. I wish people would see the weather as a blessing from the Lord, no matter if it's raining, snowing, windy, dry, etc. He has created all things and instead of complaining, look for reasons to praise Him. If you are able to see, feel, eat, walk, etc. you are more blessed than so many in this world. There are people in hospitals right now that would give anything to see or feel the weather and may never get a chance to.

"This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it." I don't think God intended on us complaining about the day He has made. :)

1 comment:

  1. Amen sister!! People need to count those blessings :)
    Today was really windy and I grinned as I saw lots of women messing with their hair. Let me share another great thing about being bald...when you are in the kitchen cooking and your head gets to sweating you can wipe it off with a paper towel. Baldies Rock!!!

    ReplyDelete